Should I Upgrade to Windows 10: This is the common question these days. Upgrading an OS is always a challenging decision. Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest operating system. Windows 10 gets a lot of regular updates like the most recent Fall Creators Update. These types of updates boost the security credential of Windows 10. Although nothing is 100% secure. The attacks of ransom ware in recent years amplify this. Ransom ware locks you out from your computer; you cannot access your photos and precious documents. if you have any doubt regarding Should I Upgrade to Windows 10, then check below. and you can check system-service-exception windows 10 guide here.
As far as safety and features concern, there are number of reasons you should upgrade to Windows 10.
If you upgrade to Windows 10 then you may not have to buy another version of Windows again as when the Windows 10 was released it was promoted as the last version of Windows. It means Microsoft has no intention to release the Windows 11 or any other new Window. Microsoft wants to keep rolling newer version of Windows 10 like the Fall Creators Update. So, if you update to Windows 10 then you may never have to pay for Windows again.
Should I Upgrade to Windows 10? YES/NO:
Windows 10 has many performance improvements that will make your PC better in many ways. Moreover, it is faster at walking up from sleep mode so you don’t have to wait for long. Microsoft also claims that the new browser Microsoft Edge in Window 10 is faster.
When Microsoft launched the Windows 8 users were not that much happy with that as Windows 8 was way different from the Windows 7. But, Windows 10 is more user-friendly as it is based on the results of a huge testing programmer which is called the Windows Insider Program. So for those who are very familiar with Windows XP or Windows 7, they will find Windows 10 very familiar. The way Windows 10 works, it means that the PCs running it are capable of a wide range of exciting new functions.
And, if you want to use the latest technology then Windows 10 is the best option for you. There are also some new hardware that work only with Windows 10 such as virtual reality headset HoloLens of Microsoft.
How Much Does It Cost To Upgrade To Windows 10?
Home version of the Windows 10 costs £119.99 and the Pro version costs £219.99. Pro version obviously has more features than the home version. And, if you are running Windows XP or Vista then you should upgrade to Windows 10 as XP and Vista are quite old now. Microsoft has opened an upgrade deal for users of assistive technologies. If you did not upgrade in 2016, then there is no way to upgrade to Windows 10. In addition, you cannot upgrade directly from XP or Vista in any case.
Moreover, there is one more feature in Windows 10 and that is if you don’t like the Windows 10 then you can downgrade to your previous Windows version. Microsoft built a very simple process to do so. You just need few clicks to have the system roll back to your previous version of Windows. But keep in mind to back-up your data before upgrading or downgrading. this is the glimpses about Should I Upgrade to Windows 10.
Things to Keep in Mind before Upgrading to Windows 10:
- First of all, check if your system is compatible. Most of the manufacturers maintain a list of systems that are compatible with Windows 10. So before upgrading check out if your system can support Windows 10 or not.
- You can download and create a backup of your current version of Windows 10. It is pretty sure that some-day Microsoft will release the newer version of the Windows 10 and they will remove the older version. So it is good to back-up the current version of Windows.
- Make sure that your system has enough space to install the Windows 10. It requires 10 GB of free space. The latest Windows 10 feature update setup is more sensitive to disk space challenges.
- Connect a UPS to your computer and if you have a laptop then ensure that the battery is charged as there is nothing more disastrous than an interrupted Windows update. The Windows 10 Feature Update would download in only 20-25 minutes and take just 10 to 15 minutes to install. But for some users, it might not that smooth sailing. While Microsoft has made significant progress in reducing the size of Windows Update, the new version of Windows 10 will be a large update. Essentially, Windows is providing you with a clean installation of the new operating system without interrupting your configuration or personal data. This is a delicate balance task which can actually increase the time it takes to complete the upgrade.
- Disable or Uninstall your Antivirus. Security software remains one of the most common causes of issues during major system upgrades. Also, disable all background software as startup programs can also interfere with the setup.
- Disable Peripherals and External USB devices. It is known that device like your smart card reader can confuse setup. It happens especially when you are upgrading online using USB media. Common USB devices like external hard discs can confuse the setup, so if these are connected with your devices, just disconnect them. Same goes for printer and scanner. The best solution for these is to have a simple configuration. And, if you have an SD card reader then just eject it before upgrading.
- Disable or Update your Display Adapters as it can be an upgrade blocker too. This occurs normally when you see a black screen during the installation and then setup automatically rolls back. So uninstalling your video card driver is recommended. To uninstall press Windows key + X and then go to Device Manager after that to Display Manager. Now right click on your video card driver and uninstall it. In some cases, updating the video card drivers to the latest version can also help.
- If you are using the ISO media to upgrade then you should disconnect from the internet during setup. There are multiple ways to do it, you can disconnect the Ethernet cable manually or if you are using a wifi then you can disable the wifi by turning off the Wireless switch on your laptop. The easier way to do so is to open Action Center. Press Windows key + A to open Action Center. There you can enable the Airplane Mode and it will disable all network technologies and you can proceed with the upgrade.
- Skip “Get Important Updates”. You can decrease the time of installation by skipping the “Get Important Updates” option as if you don’t do this then the upgrade wizard can take some more time to start. So, rather than “Get Important Updates” choose “Not Right Now”.
As Windows 8 was an unpleasant surprise for many people, Windows 10 goes a long way to putting that right. Windows 10 is clean and familiar like the Windows 7. Also, the latest OS is very easy to understand and have lots of new helpful features. Despite having a paid upgrade till now, Windows 10 provides a good performance boost for Windows 7 users and below, and provides a better user experience for those on Windows 8 / 8.1. hope you got a conclusion regarding Should I Upgrade to Windows 10.